VICHOR Waterjet has been widely used in the aerospace industry for cutting aluminum, brass, Inconel, steel, and titanium, as well as cutting composites from .039″/1 mm to 5.9″/150 mm.
VICHOR Waterjet allows for precise metal cutting solutions for aircraft fuselages, tail and wing sections, rotary blades, and sheet-metal parts up to 12″/305 mm thick, depending on the material.
There are No Heat-Affected Zones (HAZ) and no burrs or rough edges (which eliminates the need for secondary finishing). This makes VICHOR Waterjet an ideal cutting solution for the aerospace industry. There’s almost nothing that high pressure water and an abrasive waterjet additive cannot cut and cut well. So when your margin for error is zero, trust VICHOR Waterjet and our experts who can customize a complete waterjet machine system to meet and exceed your needs.
Advantages of Aerospace Water Jet Cutting
• No material deformation caused by heat
• No hardening of the material along the cut edge
• No changes to the metal structure
• No heat affected zones (HAZ)
• No hazardous fumes or vapors
• None or minimal need for reworking
• Hold tolerances at +/-.003″ (0.076 mm)
• Omni-directional cutting. Minimal tolerances. No waste of raw materials.
• Faster cutting with speeds up to WCM-P60IIx2 (60,000 PSI/4,137 bar) water pressure.
VICHOR Waterjet is your best choice for aerospace water jet cutting!